
Lee is my inspiration for this attempt at a blog. I don't know if anyone will check it out, but, it is a place for me to share, even if it is just for myself.
Katelyn and I traveled to St. George over spring break to have a break of our own. We did very little shopping (thank goodness) but hiking was done in glorious amounts! The highlight of our trip was a hike to 'Angels Landing'. Wow!!
This is a 2.5 mile hike one way. Which I know is not that bad. However... you travel from an elevation of approx. 4300 ft to well over 7000 ft in that distance.
As you begin your assent you are on what Katelyn and I named the calf killers. Holy Crap! I would go up one incline and get around the corner and have to stop - my calves felt like they would explode! About the time I felt like "what did I get myself into" the climb leveled out and went between the cliffs. I knew we hadn't made it to what they call "Walters Wiggles" yet and wondered if I would make it. But the calf killers were the worst of it.


As we reached the top of the wiggles, a sign said .5 miles to the top. Maybe as the crow flys!
Anyway, Bug and I had a great time. I would recommend this to everyone. However, I would never take little kids on this hike (You are on the cliff edge most of the time) And not for those faint of heart or afraid of heights. Ok, so maybe not everyone, but a must see if you are able.





1 comment:
It looks like the hike was quite amazing! I want to get down to more of southern Utah, there is so much that I haven't seen and almost all of it is world famous and spectacular. Nice video too, good ol "Mom's" humor, lol.
Post a Comment