July 5, 2008

May 28th -Colorado Trip with Grandma Saker & Bug



I am posting this a little late, but at least it's here. The last week of May I traveled to Colorado Springs with a group of SAR guys. Eight of us total. Me being the only female. So I conned Grandma and Katelyn to go with me. We left on a wednesday morning and go there at about 7:30 that night. A long drive to say the least. Starting the next morning at 7:00 am, I was in meetings. Some nights going till 9:30 pm. I think Friday night I got out at 5:30 and we hurried to go to the local zoo, hearing that it was worth seeing. Well, by the time we got there, the gates were closed(at 4:00). But the tram ride over the zoo was still open, so we hopped on.
We were traveling over the zoo on a steep mountain side. Very beautiful area, just surprising to have a zoo there.














By the time we reached the top and had walked around, we were hungry. I don't know who was hungrier, Katelyn or Grandma. But I didn't get a bite!
The next day G & K went back and walked through the zoo and drove up to a monument or shrine to Will Rogers. It appears they had a good time


Grandma appearantly still giving crocked directions, Look at that finger!!

No comments: