July was busy to say the least! Visits from Teri, Beau and baby Banana, a Casperson family reunion and my testing for NASAR. Holy crap it was busy! Anyway, when it all ended (everything ending was good but Teri, Beau and Nana leaving) I decided to get out of town. So I asked Lee & Amy if Dane could play with me for a few days. They agreed, so Tuesday the 29th we took off for Yellowstone Park. We stopped by Grandma Saker's to pick worms that night to pay for our gas on the trip. Then Wednesday morning we hit the road. We camped in the park at Grants Village with all the other million people. We took a trip the next day to Old Faithful (should be renamed Mostly Faithful).

We actually saw a black bear on our way to West Yellowstone. We did the usual in West Yellowstone. Every store we stopped in Dane would say, "Grandma I want this." I would tell him wait till the next store and if you still want it we'll come back. By the time we hit a store that had little wooden trains I knew we were in trouble. And sure enough that is what we ended up buying. Dane was very cute though, he made sure he got things for Ty as well.

We stopped on the Continental Divide on the way back at this big pond with huge lily pads. Very Pretty

There were baby ducks hiding among the lily pad.

Each night after our daily traveling we would take a walk down to Yellowstone Lake. These pictures are on the edge of the lake.




On Friday we went to Fishing Bridge area. We could go no farther because they had closed the road because of a fire. So we hiked on Pelican creek trail to the lake. Dane and Dylan spent the afternoon playing in the lake. I think they had a blast.
Saturday morning we packed up and headed back to Star Valley.

But first we stopped at Jenny Lake in Teton Nation Park. We took a boat ride across the lake and hiked to Hidden Falls

It was breath taking! I was wishing I had taken Ty with me as well. Especially now...with the wonderful news Lee dropped on me! Poop heads...
I had a blast with Dane, I will miss the kids so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment