May 26, 2009

Memorable Memorial

Lets see, where to begin???
I went up Lefthand canyon, just across from the Hyrum City property, to help SAR on friday night. I was to be there from 4 to 8 pm. I only had one disturbance in that time but it did require police assistance. Anyway just before my shift ended, Katelyn came bombing up the road in my truck. Let me preface that by saying we were camped just over the cattle guard, just down from the Hyrum City property, so very close to where I was(Picture seen above). She said the people next to us were threatening them. She said the guy was saying they owned the canyon for the weekend and we couldn't be there. Swearing and pitching a fit. Well if you know Katelyn, you know she doesn't back down very easily and she left and came and got me. When I got there they didn't say a word. But I could see this going south. It was only Friday evening and they were already drunk and rowdy. So, we proceeded to hook up the trailers and move them away from the Klampets about 100 feet. We parked the trailers in an L shape to block the idiots. It was successful, but the weekend was very interesting. I think the mountain man rendezvous is an excuse to do whatever they want. Long story short...at approximately 2:15 a.m. a life flight helicopter landed just behind our trailer. A man had been stabbed, he was pronounced dead at the scene. Interesting don't you think?


This is Hayden & Alli playing while we were camping. Hayden wanted to go down the road and Alli just kept going in circles. Pretty funny to watch!



This was our nice neighbors to the south of us. This kid had a little crush on Katelyn, but was a very nice boy.


Ben & Riley came up for dinner Sunday night.
Nice weekend but mental note to NEVER camp there during The Mt Man Rendevous.

3 comments:

pearce's said...

Don't lie you knew how crazy the Rendevous is and you had your binoculars out checking out the old men in thier loin clothes.

Da Ballou's said...

Love the pictures!! I miss camping in the Mountains! How fun to hang out with Charlie Brown and AliCat I miss them their getting so big!!!! Love Ya miss ya !!

LHarmon said...

Sounds like a fun weekend eh! I do think you need to find other venues for your hunk hunting...