
On July 29th,Katelyn and I flew out to San Diego, CA for Kasey's Marine Corp graduation. We got up before the butt crack of dawn (3:30 a.m.), got dressed and headed for the airport. Our flight left at 6:25 and stopped in Las Vegas and then on to San Diego. We arrived at 8:10 local time. Much to my disappointment, to find that our hotel
DID NOT have pickup service from the airport! I was a little ticked off. So,Katelyn and I took a taxi to our hotel, to find that they did not have our reservations! By this time I was more than just a little mad! AND check in was at 3:00 p.m. So I took out my trusty iphone and started searching for another hotel. The girl at the counter said "hang on I'll get you something". So we had to check our bags with them and go walk around till 11:00 and she finally got us a room. By this time,we were beat. We got into our room and took a 2 hour nap. From the looks of the hotel I was expecting a roach hotel. But it was actually nice.

What an experience! Most of the time I couldn't talk... if I would have I'd have been crying. I can't tell you how it has affected me. It is now my son putting his life on the line and that is a whole different ball game. When we were there, they welcomed us, saying that we are now a part of the Marine Corp family and boy do you feel it now!



This is a picture of their "Rack" or bed. Lets see... the deck = the floor, porthole = windows, the head = the bathroom. That's all I remember ;)
2 comments:
Very sharp!! They are awesome pictures. I'm sure it was a great experience. Did you cry as you fixed the blog? The pictures, colors and songs! You know I would have been!
I love it!!!! Sorry it took me so long to see them but he looks great! Makes you proud ! Hope your doing well love ya!
Post a Comment